FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE. FULL-TIME.
Equal parts creative and analytical, the Production Manager is a unique and integral position within Miranda Bennett Studio. You must have experience in garment construction, production and/or quality control, love working with your hands, be self-motivated, a great communicator and able to creatively problem solve in a team environment.
As the Production Manager, you will need to be confident in your abilities and take initiative, but also willing to ask for help, as well as acknowledge and learn from mistakes. You are good with scheduling your time to complete complex projects, and are comfortable delegating and prioritizing goals for your team. You can see the big picture a nd all of the steps to get there. You are the macro and the micro. Yin and Yang. You have the bandwidth to see beyond the low hanging fruit of the day-to-day. You offer suggestions for improving existing systems. Discovering and implementing new systems towards greater ease and efficiency gives you a rush. Keeping a clean, organized work area is a point of pride for you.
If this sounds like you, please send a letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Production Manager duties:
● Updating and maintaining Master Production Sheet
● Creating weekly Cut Sheets
● Cutting all fabric pieces for wholesale and retail garment construction on a weekly basis
● Coordinate weekly exchanges with our manufacturing partners
● Thorough quality control inspections
● Taking supply inventory and initiating supply re-orders
● Running various errands as necessary
● Copying patterns and creating Cutter’s Musts
● Garment processing & order fulfillment
● Communicating with Dye, Fulfillment, Wholesale and Retail teams about order status, quality control, scheduling and timelines for deliverables
● Organization and maintenance of the cutting room
● Fully fluent in spreadsheet creation and maintenance (preferably Google Sheets)
● Organization, data entry, data management
● Light pattern making and general understanding of garment construction
● Communication skills and an ability to work in a team
● Ability to self-manage and take initiative
● Must have a reliable vehicle
Minimum of 2 years professional experience.
Compensation commiserate with experience, package to be discussed at final interview.